Monday, June 23, 2014

Another Week of Canifornia Fun

Cute Kids

Companions in the Bushes

A Little Push

Smoothie Time!

Smores

FHE Bowling

1st Time Bowling

In Action

Scores

Recycling Time

Gettin' WiId in the Van

Wild Ride

We Survived!

Super Cute Family

Reading Time Reactions

Floss Party
 
Hello again! :)

This week has been so wild! I love serving with these awesome sisters! :)

So first of all, a lot of members have been trying to figure out all of the things that Sister Naitoko has yet to experience in America so far. SO for Family Home Evening, we had a night of firsts for her with the Hebton family. :) We started off by having grilled cheese sandwiches, but they weren't just average grilled cheese sandwiches! They were done Hebton style and they were the BEST! Okay so they use this fancy white cheese and put JAM on the inside! It sounds so gross and I was so nervous to try it, but I was blown away by its majesty! I will never have a normal grilled cheese sandwich again! Then they found out that Sister Naitoko didn't like pudding, so they pulled out the best pudding I've ever had in my whole life so that she could see if she would like it. Unfortunately for her, she hated it... a lot. So much that she was yelling in the bathroom and barfing it up for like 10 minutes. Hahaha. :) Poor Sister Naitoko! She was still down for the night of firsts though, so we all walked to 711 afterward to get slurpees! :) They were SO good! :) Then we all went bowling together and it was the best of times. Best FHE ever! :)

Tuesday was another day of firsts, but not as extreme. Haha. :) We went to a less-actives house where they made us smoothies and smores. Sister Naitoko LOVED making the smores! She kept talking about how we roast marshmallows the way that they roast pigs and dogs in Tonga hahaha. So now I know how to roast them well. :) On a sadder note though, Sister Naitoko received a letter that day saying that her little brother had passed away. I was so so sad for her. She is probably one of the strongest people that I know though! She just keeps working hard and doesn't let her circumstances stop her from being everything that the Lord wants her to be. She's incredible!

The rest of the week consisted of a lot of tracting and not a lot of success haha. We chased one of our less-actives down the street, got stood up by someone who we had planned to have a lesson with, and the list goes on. But all is well and I know that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do. :) It was kind of hard not to get discouraged though. I felt as though I wasn't doing enough (even though I was doing my absolute best) because we weren't seeing any sort of success. I prayed to Heavenly Father on Saturday night and asked how I was supposed to do better and if He could let me know whether or not I was a good missionary. The next day during church, we were talking to the bishop's wife. She pulled us aside and told us that she had been talking with a lot of other members and they had all been saying that we were the best sister missionaries the ward has ever had. I almost cried haha. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers and recognizes our efforts- even if we don't see immediate results.

Anyway, I'm so thankful for all of you and for everything you do for me! :) I love you so much and I'll talk to you next week!

xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment