Monday, June 16, 2014

Polynesian House


T25
T25 Tongan Style

Sister Naitoko sleeping in Primary

Her first time ever seeing a gun
Selfie

Sister Naitoko

Lays from the Tongans

Sister Naitoko asleep in the closet

 
Glamour

Group Selfie

Sister Naitoko sleeping on couch

Member Missionary

Polynesian House Family Photo
Elder Headlee

Lava Lavas

Hello again, my friends and family! :) 
This week has actually been pretty normal. Haha. :) On Monday night we went and had FHE with this waaay cute family! They showed me how to make these rubber band bracelets which I guess became a thing while I was in Ukraine. But anyway, it blew my mind! You just put the rubber bands around this thingy and move them with another thingy and then BOOM! You have a whole BRACELET! Can you believe it?? 
The next day we went to young women's to see if our investigator would be there, but she didn't show up. Dang it. BUT we found this bird whose wings were broken and the young women all wanted to save it, so one of them ended up taking it home with her. It was so nice, but it died. Whoops. Anyhoo...

A couple of days later, we went over to a member's house to help her to get ready for girl's camp (she's the stake young women's president). There were sparkles and crowns and ribbons all over the place! I couldn't believe my eyes! But we had a good time helping her to get ready to go. :) I miss girl's camp. Bleen. 
On Saturday after we went to the soup kitchen, we went to go visit with a member. Man oh MAN I just LOVE them! They are from France and live in this way cute apartment and as soon as you walk in the Spirit is SO strong! So yeah, I loved getting to go visit with them. :) 
Yesterday was FATHER'S DAY! :) HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!!! Anyhoo, a family in the ward found out that we didn't have anywhere to go for dinner for the holiday, so they invited us over. I am always so blown away by how nice everyone is to missionaries! So we went to their house and had tacos with them. :) They are definitely one of my favorite families in the ward! After that, we went to go meet with a lady who had come to church activities a few times before. We stopped by and she wasn't interested and I felt a little bit heartbroken haha. Sometimes it's hard to be in an area where I rarely see any success, but I am grateful for this lesson of patience that the Lord is blessing me with. I have learned so much about enduring, even when times get hard. Another cool thing is that whenever I get discouraged, He sends me people to lift me up and make me feel better. For example, after the lady rejected us, we walked outside only to see the French lady! :) She invited us to come over and talk to her for a few minutes and my whole night was changed. I am so grateful for a God that wants us to be happy. :)
Okay so today the BEST thing happened! SO there is this program for members here where they are allowed to serve missions with us for two weeks. Guess who got one? ME AND SISTER NAITOKO!! AHHHHHH!! She is Samoan and she is just the coolest ever! She is also waiting on her mission call right now! Woo hoooooo! :) So yeah, I feel very white at home now haha. It's a good time though. :)

Anyhoo, thank you so much for all that you do for me! I love you all so much and I'll talk to you next week! :)

xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment