Monday, June 9, 2014

At least the yogurt was good...

Hello again! :) 

I forgot my card reader again so NO PICTURES THIS WEEK! I will never get caught up on pictures and I am sorry. Bleeeen... 

Anywhooo, So... this week was not the most eventful, but it was still quite a good one, so it's whatever. Also, congratulations to Brandy Lion for graduating!! :) Pip pip de doodly doo! 

Well, Monday and Tuesday were just not even exciting at all, so I am going to skip to Wednesday. WEDNESDAY was wonderful! :) We went on exchanges with the sister training leaders, so I went on over to Rancho Cucamonga with Sister Redd! :) She is serving in the single's ward there, so we talked to a bunch of young people that were my age there. It was so weird. NO ONE I ever teach is my same age/laughs at the same things as me/has anything in common with me, so it was wild. We young and wiiiiiiiildin'!! Anyhoo, we had an appointment to meet with this member to get frozen yogurt. We were pretty stoked, BUT he invited his other member friend so then it looked like we were on a date and I just wanted to cut someone up. The NERVE! AISH! But at least the yogurt was good. I will move on. SO then that night we met with a member and his friend and attempted to teach the restoration, but the member's uncle was just wildin' about slaying demons and what not. In short, we did not teach the restoration haha. But that's okay, they'll teach it to him soon. :) 

On Thursday the awkwardness continued. So a member had invited us as well as the elders over for dinner that night. Unfortunately for us, the member who was making us dinner had to keep escaping to get ready for an appointment. In short, we were trapped eating with just the elders and again, I wanted to cut someone. It's all good though, we escaped. :) 

Saturday was the most wild day of the whole week! We went to the soup kitchen to help feed the homeless and I got to tell three people about the church while I was there! :) We haven't had a whole lot of success lately, so I was just so happy to get to share the gospel with so many people who were open to it. :) After the soup kitchen, a less-active lady called us and asked us to help her re-do her cupboards. We agreed and went over. Well, we ended up being there for about three hours, but now her cupboards look really awesome. AND she gave us cupcakes! Oh man, I love cupcakes! After the morning of service, we went home and I felt prompted to text one of our investigators, Crystal. She ended up telling me about how one of her goals for the summer is to gain a testimony of the church!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :D I'm so excited for her and am so happy that she has such a great desire to learn. :) 

Ooh! There are NUNS in the library! Real nuns! HOLY COW THIS IS AWESOME!! 

Okay so yesterday we went to church and it was so good! We had to help out in primary again, which is always a good time. :) We were singing that one, "Hello, hello, hello, hello, we welcome you today" song and they wanted to say hello in a different language. So of COURSE I suggested saying privyet! :) After the song had finished, the chorister was like, "now wasn't that a fun way to sing it?" The primary was quiet and then this little girl yelled, "That was HARD!" Russian is indeed a struggle. Haha. Anyhoo, we went to a member's house for dinner and Sister Naitoko got to hold a gun for the first time in her life. It was quite the event. :) 

I think that's about it for this week! Sorry that there's nothing too exciting, but you know how it is. Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful week! :) I love you and I'll talk to you next Monday

xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment