Monday, September 15, 2014

HOLY SNOT!! (It's Hot!)

Sister Branson and I dressed up as Cohor and Jacob

Another ride in The Nut Van

Some girls in the ward's drawings of us haha

More awesome artwork :)
Best Dinner Ever

Praying Mantis

Praying Sisters
Birthday Party

This is why I'm becoming a Fatty

The Hairdresser Life
Sing So Hard

Train So Hard

Make Money So Hard
 
HOLY SNOT!!
This week has been so hot!! Sister Branson and I have just been burning up like the Jonas Brothers over here! For real, I'm probably going to die.

Other than that though, life is so good! :) Last Monday, one of the young women wanted us to help her out with a service project for her personal progress. So we put together a bunch of bags for homeless people with personal hygiene products and what not and then set out to hunt down those homeless people. It was so fun and they were all so grateful! :) Best ever!!

The next day when we woke up, I was feeling so much better after all of these dumb nasal infection shenanigans! I was singing Christmas songs all morning and Sister Branson and I decided that it would be yolo day, because yolo is obviously the coolest thing in the world. Even though we had a zone meeting and I was bored out of my brains and we walked for forever without a lot of success, I didn't even care because it was yolo day! So happy belated yolo day to all of you. :)
On Wednesday we met with the Crowley family which is always the best of times! They are so funny and their daughter has this new thing where she lets her hamster crawl all over me. He always gets tangled in my hair and it's a bit of a disaster, but it's all good. I feel like they are soooo close to coming back to church! I hope that they'll come next week! After that, we decided to give cookies to ALL the less-actives! It was actually really effective (it's super effective!) and a lot of people let us in! :) WOO HOOOOO, thank you cookies!!
The next day we decided to bring MORE cookies to one of the more difficult of the less-actives that we work with. And guess what? THEY ACTUALLY LET US IN FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND LET US PRAY WITH THEM AO;SIEHTOSNEFOINDGOASNDGOJDNSFJHWO35THOIWAHE5T I was so happy!!! :) So yeah, cookies bring to pass many miracles.
On Saturday it was 107 degrees outside and I thought I was going to shrivel up and die on the side of the road. We helped a member move into our ward, which was pretty fun! :) They played a game called "see everything that Sister Walker doesn't know because she's been on her mission." I feel like a babooshka who doesn't know anything. Anyway, later that night we went to a member's house for his birthday party (he wanted all of the missionaries in the ward to be there), so that was cool! We got to talk to one of his non-member friends who came, and he agreed to meet with us sometime! :) Hopefully we will see him soon!
Yesterday was another really good day! :) We went to church and there was like nobody there, so that was the worst. Everybody is getting way sick or is on vacation. Dang it! Anyway, the primary needed help, so we went in to help with whatever they needed. While we were sitting in there, they found out that one of the teachers wasn't there, so guess who got to teach? WE DID. The chosen ones!! We had them act out when Nephi chops off King Laban's head to prove that the scriptures are cool or whatever, and it worked! Thank you, Nephi! After church, we went out to meet with whoever we could haha. We stopped by a sister in the ward and as soon as she saw us, she started crying and invited us in. She told us about how hard her life has been lately and we were able to share a message about the atonement. The Spirit filled the room as we testified about Christ's love for her and how He knew exactly what she was going through. I'm so glad that we stopped by her house. :)
So yeah. Times are good. Pray for rain. This email is long, holy cow. But you know, yolo and stuff, right? I wish I were Tyra Banks.
Love you!

xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment