Monday, September 8, 2014

Hi again! :)

Wheelbarrow Ride

Sister Branson's Sunburn

Donated Cold Remedies

This week started off really well! We decided that we had to approach all of these less-active members differently, so we made a ton of cookies for them and dropped off some of them Tuesday night. :) It was cool because people actually let us in!! NO ONE CAN SAY NO TO COOKIES!! Anyway, we had a lesson with this cute old babooshka about the plan of salvation and it was WILD. She was so angsty and was like, "When I die, I want to RETIRE. No more work for me ever again! I don't need the celestial kingdom!" Haha! So that was wild. :)

The next day I woke up and felt suuuuuuuuuper sick, so we had to stay inside for the majority of the time and I hated it. Being sick as a missionary is seriously the worst thing in the whole entire world!

On Saturday we were asked to help with a primary activity, so that was pretty funny haha. They were doing a section called Fishers of Men, and were doing that thing where there is a curtain and they throw their fishing pole back there and get prizes. Well, I was the person behind the curtain and I can't even tell you how many times I was whacked in the head with those dang fishing poles haha. It was a good time. :) On our way home, we saw our Australian investigator, Wayne!! :) We had a lesson about the Plan of Salvation and he had the most wild questions. We're going to try to meet with him again this week, so that should be good! :)

Yesterday somehow EVERYONE in the ward found out I was sick, so they were all freaking out! Haha it was so cute! :) They were all trying to give me medicine and telling me that I would be in their prayers and it was the nicest thing in the world! :) I love this ward! Anyway, last night we kept trying to stop by people and nothing was working out, so we decided to just tract a random apartment building. A guy answered his door and was like, "oh, hey, sisters!" Da eck?? As it turns out, he was a member! He told us about how he had served a mission and everything, but wasn't really interested in coming back to church. He also told us about how he had been having the worst weekend ever and wanted to pray with us. So we sat on his porch and prayed with him. When we opened our eyes, he was CRYING! Woo hoo, the Spirit!!! :) After that he said, "just so you know, before you came over I had just said a prayer in my heart. So you came by, like, inspiration, or something." WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, IT WAS AWESOME!! :)

Anyhoo, it was a pretty good week, even though I am like Job and am just dying all the time. :) I love you all and will talk to you next week!

xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment