Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Cray Cray... Seriously!

We love Liam from one direction here in Upland 2nd Ward

Sister Branson

Exhausted

Ready...

Exercise!

Selfie


Hello again! :) 
This week has been, as the cool kids would say, cray cray. Seriously! 

So the week started off with Sister Naitoko and I going our separate ways. My life is now a lot less Polynesian and it is a bit sad haha. Sister Smoot, another sister in my zone, and I were temporary companions until Wednesday when we got our GREENIES!! :) WOO HOOOO, GREENIES!! When we walked into the meeting where we would be picking them up, I looked all around to see who mine could be when BOOM. I saw Sister Branson and knew that I would be training her! :) She is from Washington and is the coolest ever! She is a great teacher and I bet she's going to train like a million people as soon as she's done being trained. The girl has got skills! Anyway, the night that we got together we walked for like an hour and a half (I got us lost haha. Oops.) to dinner with a less-active lady named Sandy. On our way there, a guy stopped us and asked for a pass-along card! He told us that he wanted to come to church for a while but hadn't seen any missionaries to ask. THE MIRACLES OF THE GREENIE FIRE!! 
Well. The next day I got us lost again for quite some time haha. I am the worst trainer, but it's whatever. Hopefully Sister Branson won't be dead by the end of all of this, eh? We met with a ton of people who were very excited to meet Sister Branson, so that was good! :) That's about all I have to say about that day. Haha. 

The next day was weekly planning. I had been warned by many people that the first week of weekly planning with a new missionary takes about like 6 hours, but I didn't listen to them because I thought that that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. But you know what happened? 6 HOURS OF WEEKLY PLANNING. Holy COW I was ready to shoot myself in the knees, I hated it so much! Then we went to go help the young women's presidency make invitations for YW in excellence, so that brightened my day a bit. Still though, planning is the biggest bleen in my bum. 
On Saturday we went to the soup kitchen and then set out to teach some lessons. We stopped by this less-active lady whose son was recently murdered and it was one of the most powerful lessons of my whole mission. As we testified about the atonement, I felt that God loved this woman so much and knew exactly what she was going through. Sister Branson and I told her about the Savior's infinite love for her. She cried and we cried with her. Coolest lesson! Oh, and I took Sister Branson tracting for her first time and made her talk to the one and only person who answered the door haha. He kindly rejected her and I was so proud of her!! :) She was not as excited as I was though and looked as though she was going to cry our whole walk to dinner haha. Oops. 
On Sunday the coolest thing ever happened! :) So one of the other sisters in our zone's investigator came to our ward with her mother and we decided to sit next to them. A couple of minutes into the meeting, the mother tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and she was crying her eyeballs out! She whispered to me, "I feel the Spirit so strongly because you are here. Thank you." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST EVER!!!!! It was really special to know that I don't need to say a single word to invite the Spirit into my life, as well as the lives of others. :) It was a great day! 
Anyway, thanks so much for all that you do for me! :) I love you all so much and I'll talk to you next week! :) 
xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment