Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Oh my GOODNESS, the BLESSINGS!

Hey!
7-11

Serious Gs

So... Sister Naitoko came out of the bathroom. She was like, "what the heck is this, Sister Walker?" I told her what it was and asked what she had thought it was. She told me, "well, I don't know. It had a hole in it so I just figured you put your head in it!" Hahaha. :)


Selfie

Sleepover


Ahhh Yeah The Package arrived

Transfer News
Hey girl heeeeey!

This week has been another great one! On Tuesday I finally got my package, woo hoo! :) Thanks mom and dad! We had a zone meeting that day where Sister Naitoko and I had been asked to do a training about finding hope through the atonement. I've never done a training before, so there were so many ants in my pants the whole time! It ended up going really well though, so I was glad that we did it. :) The other sisters who live in our apartment complex also started coming over that day to do T25 with us, so our apartment has become a gym in the mornings. It's the best! Anyhoo, we went to a member's house for dinner that night where one of the members invited her friend, Gene, to come over as well. We ended up teaching him the restoration and he accepted everything so well! I was so excited! :) However, his parents grounded him because he took a Book of Mormon, so we probably won't get to meet with him anymore. :( So sad.

On Wednesday we met with this less-active drug-addict lady, which is always a good time. She was actually pretty calm this time and had remembered a lot of what we had talked about with her before, so that was really exciting! :) She also wants to come to church, but she won't come until she can find something pretty enough to wear. Hopefully she'll find something soon!

A few days later, Sister Naitoko and I went to go meet with a bunch of less-actives again. We went to one of their houses and the lady was a MESS. She explained to us that her sister had come over and stolen everything that she owned! Can you imagine?? She was so heartbroken and didn't know what to do. She didn't really have time to meet with us either, so we just offered to pray with her. As soon as we started praying, she calmed down and was able to feel peace through her trial that she was going through. I was so happy to have been a part of that! Saturday was also transfer call day! Sister Naitoko and I will be staying together another transfer, woo hoo! :) I'm so happy, because last transfer wasn't that great and I really want to have a good transfer with her. So thank goodness for that, eh?

Last Sunday, Sister Naitoko and I made a goal to start fasting every Sunday. So yesterday we fasted and oh my GOODNESS, the BLESSINGS! I had been praying to be able to feel the Spirit more, especially during our teaching. We went to a member's house that night and decided to read Alma 7:11-13 with them. As soon as I began reading the scripture out loud to them, the Spirit filled the room. I was so taken aback! I hadn't even said any of my own words, but by just reading from the Book of Mormon, there was a sense of peace throughout the whole room. I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon and for the joy and peace that it brings into our lives. I think that a lot of the time, we take it for granted and try to find happiness in other places, forgetting that all of the answers to our prayers and all of the comfort that we need is right in front of us. We really are the luckiest, eh? :)

Anyway, thanks for all that you all do for me! :) I miss and love you all so much and I'll talk to you next week!
xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment