Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Babooshka, Babooshka, Babooshka...

Happy Birthday Dad!

Cookin' the 4th of July Hot Dogs

Wrapping the Dogs

Trying to see fireworks... no luck:(
Feeding the pig




Pool cleaning last week

Chillin' on the lawn


Mis-matched shoes

Posing by the pool

Dumpster Diving

Sister Naitoko's poor feet!

The Sisters of the Rancho Cucamonga Mission

Cute Frenchie named Seraphine

Sister Naitoko as a blondie

New Hair~!

Of course, you remember Wale from Ukraine

Oh and look at this! My son (Wale) GRADUATED!!! :) I'm so proud!




Hi again! :) 

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! :D Second of all, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU, BRANDON!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO FRENCH!! :D

This week has been a week of ILLNESS! It all started out on Monday when one of the Spanish speaking sisters in our apartment complex got the stomach flu! They had a dinner appointment that night and didn't want to cancel on them, so we went on an exchange and I got to go instead! :) Woo hoo, Spanish people! :) It was fun to hear them all going wild in Spanish and not being about to understand all of it haha. We went back home afterward and waited for her companion to die, but she didn't and all is well now! Woo hooooo!

The next day was CANADA DAY!! :) HAPPY CANADA DAAAAAAY!! :D We ended up having to go buy Sister Naitoko new shoes since hers fell apart and she isn't allowed to wear flip-flops. We aren't on the island anymore, Toto. So we went and bought her what she calls her "babooshka shoes" and they have caused her so much PAIN! Seriously, she wore them for less than an hour the next day and ended up having bruises on the back of her feet, blisters everywhere, and now she walks like a babooshka. Poor BabooshkaNaitoko. :( Regardless, I loved Canada Day. :)

On Wednesday we also stopped by Ashley's house, the girl who loves anime. Most of the time she drives me a little bit crazy, but that day I just LOVED her. I was so happy to get to see her and spend time with her. :) Unfortunately though, her hamster died while we were there, so that was awkward. Did I tell you all about the time Sister Ford and I went to babooshka's house and her cat died? Man, I am just killing off everyone's animals. Dang it. We also stopped by a babooshka's house and she had us feed her PIG! I never knew how much pigs could eat, but they just go wild like there is no tomorrow. Sister Naitoko kept telling me about how much she wanted to cook it in the ground and eat it because it was so fat hahaha. :)

The next day a member invited us to go to Cold Stone (he works there) and get free ice cream!! :D Woo hoooo! But unfortunately, Sister Naitoko's feet were dying afterward and so I'm not sure whether or not the trek was worth it. It was quite good though!

Friday was the fourth of July!! :) Woo hooooooo! The bishop had all of the missionaries come over and pass out 700 free hot dogs to people. It was so much fun to get to talk to everyone and make their days better! :) I love hot doooooooooogs! We ended up not being able to see any fireworks though. :( We tried and tried to creep out of our window to see some, but we had no such luck. Maybe next year, eh?

On Saturday we went to the soup kitchen. I was working in the clothes section when one of the homeless people came up to me and said, "Sister Walker! Sister Walker! I just wanted to let you know that you are very pretty. Have a great day!" And then he walked away! It was so nice. :) After the soup kitchen though, Sister Naitoko could hardly even walk, so the mission nurse just told us to stay inside for the weekend. Bummer, eh? She's feeling a ton better now though, so I suppose it was very much needed.

Yesterday was testimony meeting, woo hooo! I decided to go up and testify. I was praying beforehand that I would be an answer to someone's prayer through my own testimony and that I would be an instrument in the Lord's hands. I had planned to bear a really quick testimony about the atonement without any stories or anything, but as I went up and began talking, I realized that I was in the middle of telling a personal story from my mission. I RARELY cry when I testify anymore, but I couldn't even help it. As I went to go sit down, I felt so embarrassed for crying in front of everyone and for telling a story that I didn't even really want to share. However, the next person that went up to speak started off by saying that I had answered a very specific prayer that she had through my testimony. Whaaaat?? And THEN another sister came up to me afterward and told me that it had been an answer to her prayers as well! I was so blown away that Heavenly Father answered MY prayers and used me to answer the prayers of others. I'm so grateful for Him and for His love in my life. :)

That's it for this week! :) Thank you for all that you do for me and for all of the LETTERS! Oh MAN I am just loving getting these hand-written letters! :) Thank you!

Anyhoo, I love you all and hope that you have a great week! :)

xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment