Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nuts!

Hello again, my people! :) 

So first of all, I'm sorry if I can't respond to all of your emails today. Our P-Day has been cut short and I hardly have any time left to email. SO wish me luck! :) 
On Tuesday I was praying so hard that we would be able to find people to teach and that I would be able to be the best missionary possible. So naturally, Sister Naitoko and I worked like CRAZY the whole day haha. :) I loved it so much! We met so many cool new people and I felt the Spirit ALL DAY. I love being a missionary! 
The next day was the CRAZIEST. So we had a cleaning check that morning and the old babooshka who was doing the cleaning check gave us some cookies! :) I LOVE cookies, so naturally I couldn't even wait to eat them haha. Unfortunately for me, the cookies had some hazelnuts in them and I started to die a little bit haha. Sister Naitoko was so scared and called the one of the members to give me a blessing. He came over as soon as he could and HOLY COW, the PRIESTHOOD! He said something along the lines of "from this moment on, you will be healed." As soon as he said that, I didn't feel sick at all anymore. I was so blown away! I have also felt prompted to get a blessing from him since June but never got around to asking. Well, through the blessing, all of the things I have been praying about for over a month now have been answered. I love the priesthood and am so grateful that he was worthy to bless me when I needed it. :) 

The next day was much less eventful haha. A member took us to Mimi's Cafe on Tuesday night for dinner and I couldn't stop thinking about Grandma Schiess the whole time. It just wasn't the same without trying to shoot our straw wrappers at the waiter or her telling the waiter to get a belt to keep his pants up. 
The next day, we went to go help a lady move. It was the BEST, because there was a Polish guy there who spoke RUSSIAN!! AHHHH, the tender mercies!! :) Anyway, that's about as exciting as the day got haha. We mostly just spent the rest of our time trying to find people to teach. :) 
On Sunday we met with the Crowley family again and it was really awesome! Ashley and her mom told us about how the husband usually HATES the missionaries and will slam the door on their faces, but for some reason he just loves us and will even invite us over for dinner! How cool is that?? :) I hope that he will be open to hearing more about the church soon! 
Yesterday was also crazy! We got a call in the morning saying that p-day would be cancelled and moved to Tuesday because we had to do some service. There were a bunch of flash floods and mudslides up in Mount Baldy, so we went up there to literally dig people's houses out of the ground. It broke my heart to see all of the people's houses destroyed. Ahhhh. But anyway, they were so grateful to us and for our service to them. :) It was a great day! 

Anyway thanks so much for all that all of you do! I love you so much and I'll talk to you next week! :) 

xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment