Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day and Random Pics

Sooo... to begin, I didn't have a chance to post the last set of pictures from Ukraine because of the super fast way we were evacuated, so here are a bunch of random pics for ya to look at. I got to see some beautiful things and meet some beautiful people there. I got to go to the Temple in Kiev and walk down the streets and in the fields and had a ride from a cray cray taxi driver... whew!.  I Love Ukraine! Enjoy the pics:)




BROOVARY!

Kiev Temple







Plan of Salvation in the Park... Yay for Sidewalk Chalk!


Taxi Driver




Hello again, my family! :)
So once upon a time it was Memorial Day and all of the libraries were closed, so I'm just emailing today instead. :) Pip pip de doodly doo! 
WELL this week started out with a big fiasco from the Relief Society. They were all wildin' because there was a baby shower and no one was ready for it. So Sister Naitoko and I went oot and aboot helping them all day. One of our investigators ended up being at the baby shower and she is so hard to catch, so we jumped on the opportunity and went to go meet with her. Her name is Crystal and she is probably one of the nicest people EVER. The only reason she's not baptized yet is because her parents won't let her until she's 18. So until then we'll just keep teaching her. :) Woo hoooooo! 
So remember how last week I was talking about the nicest lady ever who took us to get shaved ice? WELL, she ended up being a HOOLIGAN! So she invited us over for lunch and naturally we were waaay stoked about going. We walked in and she was super nice again and the food was way good. Then she told us about how she had invited her niece over. As it turns out, her niece was a teacher lady at their Born Again Christian church. As soon as she got there, Susan whipped out a bunch of anti-church material and they started bible bashing for about 2 hours. 2. HOURS. AISH! Every time I would open my mouth to clear up any misconceptions that they had, they would cut me off and start going wild again. I was so mad haha. Afterward we went to go get dinner with some members and they seriously made my day so much better. The members here are so awesome. :) I love them. 
For the next couple of days, Sister Naitoko was really sick with a migraine. :( She was seriously just barfing up blood and what not. It was pretty gross haha. She still wanted to go help at the soup kitchen though, so we went over and it was so fun. :) When I was serving the food, a whole table of people kept telling me about how pretty I was and how grateful they were for me. I almost died, I was so happy! I'm so thankful for good people who go out of their way to make other people feel good. :)
On Sunday Sister Naitoko was finally feeling better, so we met with a less-active family after church and arm wrestled all of their sons. Unfortunately for us, they were all RIPPED, so we lost to all of them except for the 12 year old. But it's fine because he was still related to them! My new goal in life is to beat them up. Wish me luck! 
Yesterday we went for a hike and it was the WORST! Oh my goodness I don't even LIKE hiking! So we just wandered about and perished in the wilderness for pretty much my whole life and I almost cut myself. Yup. BUT after we got home we went and had family home evening with the bishop's family and it was the best ever, so all is well. :)
So I suppose, in short, life is good. The church is true. :) I'm so happy to be here on my mission serving God. There seriously is nothing better in the whole world. :) 

Well, I will talk to you all next week! I love you! :)
xoxo
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment